Tuesday 13 May 2014

Teen Ink.

Teenage,the times often misprized. We laugh too much, love too much, shout too much, the times of fears, angst, secrets which we often prefer to hide,if at all it wasn't that easy   *evil grin*   . This phase all-in-all is a maze, a puzzle. To unjumble this you need to go to the roots deep down. Roots that have scars, scars that tell I have a story, that I am a survivor, that I am a fighter. Teenage, ah! You weren't that regretful,you were exciting.


Having late night life and late hangover mornings is the fashion, people say. But we the teenagers known for these deeds are the ones who woke up at four a.m. in the morning to march for Damini(for the ones who don't remember her, she's the girl who was raped in Delhi on 16th dec,2012). If we are greedy and we want our greed to be satisfied fast and this is the example then yes, I am greedy. In the freezing temp. of 2 degrees where we lay with our blankets till late mornings, we woke up, we woke up for our greed, our greed for a better place to live in.


I want better clothes, I want a new phone, I want new gadgets. Am I being materialistic? No, I just aspire to lead a better life. What's so wrong in it? I know there are millions of unprivileged children across this globe craving for a meal and I am doing my bit. I'm trying. I am just a teenager and you can't expect me to move mountains.



When I am angry, I am loud, very loud. Even if I want to shut up, I can't because I'm burning inside. My parents' often tell me I'm picking up the ways of my friends. I am often reprimanded for back-answering and misbehaving just like my friends. It just comes from within and I can't help it. I am not doing this because I'm influenced. I am doing this because you are scolding me and I am stating facts, what's so wrong in it? You tell me to speak the truth,why do you ask me to do so when you can't even handle it?


We are all in this together. You can't just blame me for all this and stand out. I am mad at times, I act immature sometimes, and I laugh for no reason at all, I share my secrets with my friends. But you know, DEEP DOWN I'M STILL THAT LOST CHILD,TRYING TO GROPE HER MOTHER'S HAND IN THE DARK. I WEEP ALONE IN THE DARK. I MIGHT OPEN UP TO MY FRIENDS BUT I CAN ONLY FIND SOLACE IN MY MOTHER'S HUG.

No comments:

Post a Comment